Monday, October 18, 2010

October 18, 2010 - Kevan

Querido Familia,
Everything here is going great. As you can see my new area is pretty small. It is beautiful though. It is covered with vineyards and you cannot see the end of them. They are grapes used for wine. Then is the distance there are mountains that just surround myt area and the city of San Juan. I live in Santa Lucia. So we take a 30-40 mintue bus ride everyday. But it is alright, i am finding some great people and having some pretty good lessons on the bus.
I will be opening up a branch there in 9 de julio. There are about 10-15 people that go every week right now. This week we will search for a building to have church. Next saturday we will baptize 3 people and my goal is to baptize 2 more families and reactivate the only 2 inactive families there are here. I feel that God needs me to be here. There is a part in my patriacharl blessing that talks about me establishing the church in the different places i will live. I this is one of the places where i can do that. I have been prepared and have learned a lot and now is a good time to put that all to practice. It will be great. I am hopeing to leave this place with about 7 priesthood holders.
yesterday was mothers day here. Our church acutally got cancelled on saturday night because they didnt think anyone would go. It was so frustrating. We had committed many to come to church. But we eventually got to have chuirch and 2 investigators came. I thought more would come but it is alright. still i felt good and feel that no matter how many people go we need to constantly have the meeting. The first church meeting only had 6 people there. so it is alright if we also start with 10 people, Not including the elders who were there which would bring us to 6 people in church! A good start for me! ha
This week will also be great and a little wierd. The new elders might not arrive due to visa problems. So i dont know if i will train. We will see. Also on wednesday Elder Smith and I need to do an asado for Chimbas, Elder Frischknects zone, because they won a mission competition and the other assistants cant do it. So tommorow well look for a church and wednesday do the asado, and friday have transfers. Crazy!
It was so great with Elder Aidukaitis. He is amazing. So excited and animated. He is an amazing teacher as well. We learned about members a lot and he showed some great tactics to use in the street. Uncle Steve must have had fun serving with him.
My friend, Elder Vazquez, has his homecoming this sunday at 11:00 am. Sister Frischnect will go i think. His church is right behind the provo town center. You should all go and meet him.
Everything is going great family. I am so thankful for all of you and really am loving my time here. I know that these things are true. Thanks so much for everything! I love you all so much!
Love, Elder Kevan Bills
P.S. dont burn too much. I still lack a lot of time on the mission.


No comments:

Post a Comment