Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August 30, 2010 - Kevan

It sounds like a lot of things are going on at home. Here there tons. We were going to baptize a little kid named Gabriel this last saturday. But his dad said he had to work in the night. It was a little frustrating. I do not know if he really had to work but oh well. He will get baptized this week. We are also working with a girl named Yanira Sosa. She is a good girl but is offended by some of the members and also said she got offended by a question in her interview. I dont know but we will see what we do with her. THe other family that we are teaching, THe family Miranda, is a great family. They are one of the poorest i have seen. Maybe just as poor as the ponce family from Arroyo Claro. They need so much help. We have had good lessons with them and really have promised them great things if they just keep the commandments. But i dont get it, they will not pray read or come to church! (Actually they dont know how to read so that is a good excuse). We will try again this week so hopefully they will accept.

I am reading in the book of John and it is amazing. I am studying a lot about the questions that Jesus Christ made to teach and help people understand. It is amazing how simple everything is that He did. I am using some of the questions that He did and trying to act like him.

After baptizing these people two weeks ago we are againg in the looking process to find the people who are ready. Some off the days this week were pretty hard. It was great though. I was just so tired. Really, throughout the day i didnt really think about how hard it was or noticed it. Then when we got back at night I thought about the day and realized how hard it was. I love it though. I studied the other day alma 17¡-26. THe sons of Mosiah! Amazing. THey had so much success but also along with that success came many many afflictions. It must have been really hard for them. But they understood and kept preaching and had so much success. I marked what they did to have so much success and noticed 3 things that it always talked about. THey FASTED and PRAYED and had CHRISTLIKE ATTRIBUTES: I love it. These are the things they did. I know that we can do these things too. what an amazing blessing we have to know the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. Now we can do these 3 things and do them in the way that Heavenly Father wants us to do them. We can become like Christ because we know who He is, We know how to fast correctly, and also we know how to communicate with our Father in Heaven in the right way. What amazing blessings! I love the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. Joseph Smith is a prophet and the Book of Mormon is true! No doubt about it! I have met many lyers this week who attack 2 things always: Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. And why, Because they are true! I hope that one day all can come to the knowledge of the things that will truly bless them and help them return to our Heavenly Father!

I love you all so much family! Thanks for everything! Say hi to all the fam for me!

Love, Elder Kevan Bills

Go BYU!

No comments:

Post a Comment