Wednesday, August 25, 2010

August 9, 2010 - Craig

Hey family! Hows everybody doing? Well this week was pretty good. The work has been hard lately. Really slow! We dropped most of our investigators so now we only have 6 in our teaching pool. And we have 1 that is progressing pretty good. It is been stressing me out and been kind of discouraging for me. This weekend we only taught 2 lessons and we were walking on sunday night and i was just thinking to myself what is going on? We are working really hard. Why isnt anyone interested? I didnt really get any answers but I just remebered that one of Satans biggest things on missionaries is discouragement. I cant afford to get down or anything because that will slow my progress down and that wont let me have the spirit. I need to be patient and just keep working hard. I am staying here in Santa Paula so i will get to keep working here and hopefully the work picks up. I cant beleive how much success Kevan is having. That is crazy!! He is an awesome missionary. Our investigator who has come to church for 3 weeks straight came to stake conference yesterday with his daughter. It was an excellent conference. There was some very good talks. The president of the Los Angelos temple spoke and it was very good. I learned a lot from his talk and the stake Presidents talk. Our investigator after asked us to come do Family home evening tonight at his house! Which is exciting because we taught him a lesson on the family and the commitment was to do FHE. He said he would let us know on sunday. But he was excited to ask us. It was pretty cool. We are grateful we get to be teaching him. He is a great guy and is really humble and willing to learn. we tracted into the rudest human being i have ever met on Saturday haha. We knocked gave the "intro" then she asked you mormons?? and we said yesss. Then she went off told us to go fly a kite and take a hike ha and never come back.. Ever ha. She added some choice words in there too! I just smiled and asked her if we could do any service for her. She said no. We tracted a ton this past week. We are trying to find people to teach. We found a less active member from guatamala. It was sweet. We knocked this tiny house like way hidden on this street and he answered. He told us that that morning he had read his book of mormon and was like man i need to find the members so i can go back to church. And we knocked on his door that very day!! Very cool. We were happy to find him. I love you guys so much. I fasted yesterday to have more charity and love for the people and it was the hardest day to love the people! Ha . I learned that when we truly want a gift from the Lord that we need to be ready to do our part. Through dilgence, prayer, and fasting we can gain gifts from our Heavenly Father. I love you all so much! Thanks for everything! Love Elder Bills

No comments:

Post a Comment