Friday, December 17, 2010

December 13, 2010 - Craig

Hey family!! Hows everybody doing with Kevan home??! I bet it is great seeing him. I wont see him for another year! Its ok though i am serving the lord ha! Well This past week went well. We found 9 new investigators and put 1 with a date. His name is Fransisco and he is 19. A good kid who has had a hard life. His mom died and he needs the gospel so much. He has some problems but he is a good kid. We are excited to help him progress towards baptism the 8th of January. Well last night we were planning for today and we got a call from President Murri. He talked to my companion and told him to have me call him after we finished planning. Ha I was so nervous! But I called him and President Murri asked me if I would accept the responsibility to be a trainer. Ha I said of course. So I will be going down to Ventura tommorrow and picking up my new companion who is straight from the MTC! I am excited. It should be a great learning experience for me. I will be able to help him form habits top help him in his mission! I am excited. My spanish will improve aswell! I know the lord will bless me as I show faith and rely on the spirit.
This week I was studying and I was studying about faith and I learned so many amazing things! In 3 nephi 17:8 it stuck out to me how the Savior said "i see that your faith is sufficent that i should heal you". That stuck out to me a lot and that lead me to read in 2 nephi 27:23 where I learned that the Lord works according to our faith. As our faith is steadfast and immovable we will experience miracles and we will recieve the spiorit to strenghten our testimonies! And in moroni 7:37 it says for it is by faith that miracles are wrought. And it is by faith that angels appear unto men. It is true. When our faith is unshaken we can bless the lives of others and see miracles. It is important to know that faith doesnt come by miracles but thriough the actions we make that are influenced by the holy ghost. Faith is powerful. I am so grateful for the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I am grateful for the faith Joseph Smith showed to pray to the Father to recieve direction. I am so grateful for the faith Jesus Christ showed in the will of his Father as he took upon him our pains and afflictions in the garden of getsemanie.
I love you all so much. I really realize everyday how blessed I have been to have been born into the gospel of JEsus Christ to a family who is steadfast and immovable! I love you all so much. The Lord truly is with us in his work. He loves us so much. I am going to call you guys on Christmas in the afternoon sometime. I am not sure the exact time but just be there ha. I love you all so much!!!!! Love Elder Craig Bills

No comments:

Post a Comment