Sunday, January 29, 2012

January 23, 2012

Good Morning Family! Its a rainy morning here in Oxnard but it is still beautiful! I hope ou all had a great week and enjoyed all the things you were able to do. This past week was an incredible one to say the least. I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve the Lord. It is a privelage and an honor that I will be eternally grateful for. I feel even more in debt to my Father in Heaven for this opportunity that he has given me. I love being a missionary and I am pretty nervous to come home.
We had the visit of Elder W. Craig Zwick this past week and it was incredible. He is a man of God who emulates Christ and radiates the Spirit of God. What a blessing it was to learn from him. We had a ZLC with him on Tuesday and the most powerful thing for me was how he talked about desiring the Spirit. In 3 nephi 19:9 we read about how the Twelve discpiles of Christ in the Americas prayed to recieve what they most desired and it was the Spirit. This had a huge impact on me. Even though 3 Nephi 19 is one of my favorite chapters in the Book of Mormon and I have read that verse many times, I learned something that has had an impact on me. As we read it the question came to my mind, Do I show Heavanly Father in all that I do, act, say and feel how much I truly desire to recieve the Spirit in my life? When I pray for the Spirit, do I end my prayer and do all in my power to recieve him by how I act? I know that if I am going to take the Holy Spirit as my guide and be led by him in my life that I will need to show Heavenly Father how much I truly desire his presence by the way I love my life. The most important thing that we can do in our lives is to take the Holy Ghost as our guideD&C45:57,beacuse when we do this, our capacity to love, be kind, be patient and to become like the Savior is increased. I am so grateful for the leaders of the Church. They help us so much. A lot of my prayers were answered with this visit and the things that they said. On Thursday we had a 7 zone zone conference where Elder and Sister Zwick spoke and something that had a huge impact on me was when Sister Zwick said, "Do not limit yourself to what you think is your capacity. Always let the Lord expand your capacity. And He will." I love this. A lot of times we limit ourselves becuase we may think something is too daunting for us or we may think that we cant accomplish something but we are not involving the Lord in whatever the task is. When we invlove the Lord, we will be able to do remarkable things. Things that on our own we never couldve done. I am so grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He lives.the Gospel is literally the guidepost to a happy abundant life. I know thatas we do our part and live His Gospel that our lives will be blessed.
This past week we found 3 new investigators! It was a good week and we got a lot done. We have seen some pretty awesome miracles this past week. We have found a lot of really awesome potentials and we are working with an investigatir named Phiyada who is from Thailand. We are having a FHE with her tonight in a members home. Yesterday Pedro and his family came to church and it was a Stake conference and we had a broadcast from SLC. It was wonderful. I am so excited with all the potntial we have right now. The Lord truly prepares His children to recieve His glorious message.
Thanks for all you do fam! i LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. Have agood week. Love Elder Bills

No comments:

Post a Comment