Tuesday, December 6, 2011

December 5, 2011

Hey Family! I hope all is going well. This past week was awesome! Zone Conference was so edifying. It was honestly such a spiritual week. Everyday all day we were training and learning and getting to know the missionaries. I loved it. President Castro taught about the Doctrine of Christ and our purspose as missionaries and how they are intertwined. I know that the invitation to come unto Christ is for everyone. Including ourselves. Something that President Castro pointed out that I loved is that we cannot invite others to come higher if we ourselves are not on a higher plane. If we are not close to Christ and are not coming unto Him we cannot affectivly invite others to come unto him. I loved it. Elder Cuartas and I led a practice teaching on not just answering the questions or concerns our investigators have but teachiong them the doctrine behind their concern and helping them build their faith in Christ. We focused on identifying whether they needed faith in Christ, repentance, making a covenant or receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and then leading it to the Book of Mormon. It was fun!
Our last Zone Conference was in San Luis Obispo and on our way their we drove past Buellton and the exit to go to Lompoc. It was exciting. I thought of you guiys the whole drive up as we passed Santa Barbara and Santa Maria.
I love you guys a ton. We are preparing for our Christmas deviotiopnal in 2 weeks and i am so excited! Its going to be awesome! Thanks for all you do. Love Elder Bills

No comments:

Post a Comment