Sunday, February 27, 2011

February 14, 2011

Hey family! How is everybody doing?? Thanks so much for all of the support and love! Kelly! Congatulations! I am so happy for you! Man I cant even express it! Good Job man! This past week we had some very spiritual experiences. We have been fasting every tuesday for the work. For investigators or for baptisms. Just anything to do with the work. I have seen a great difference and my testimony of fasting has grown. I have been thinking of when Cjhrist fasted and communed with the Father. He recieved spiritual strength and preperation for what was ahead, and I know we can all have the same communion with the father if we will fast prayerfully with a purpose. What a blessing we have that our bodies are strong enough to fast!
We found this investigator this week named Linda. She is a 62 year old lady with some health problems. We knocked on her door and let us right in. She knows quite a bit about the church. As we sat I asked her why she let us in ruight away. She said i am old and i want to know where I go when I die. So we taught her the plan of salvation. Ity was very spiritual . The spirit was guiding us in every way. I felt like a vessel for what the Lord wanted me to say. We taught her and she wass learning so much as we taught her. She is from a catholic backround and was really open to our beleifs and knowledge of everything. It was a great lesson. We were all leaerning as we taught. I learned something very specail, that when we teach with the spirit we are very able to learn new things during the lesson. Whether it be from the investigator, companion or the Spirit Himself. So we set a return appointment with her. This morning she called us and told us we shouldnt come back. I was asked her if she had prayed about the Plan of Salvation and she said" yes and i feel good about it, i just dont think i would be a good mormon because I know that your symbol is the beehive because you work so hard, but i cant work that hard because i am old. I cant go out and serve other people." I was so happy with that answer ha. I told her we dont forcwe any one to serve because we know people have limitations to serve but i told her we can serve in other wyas. She said ok i want to learn more about the releif society. Then she said alright you can come bnack on Wed. sio i can learn more about the RS and the book of mormon! Ha it was awesome. I love this work. I am so grateful to serve a mission for the lord. This has been the greatest blessing of my life! I love you all so much
The stake president of Bakersfield asked me to give my testimony at a 3 stake fireside for the youth next sunday about sacrificing to serve the lord. Spencer Hafoka will be there ttoo~! I love you! Love ELder Bills

No comments:

Post a Comment