Sunday, February 27, 2011

January 18, 2011

Hey family. Sorry i didnt email you yesterday! We were being taught by a member of the Seventy. Elder Paul Peiper. It was an amazing time to learn and grow and i feel like the things i learned will bless me for the rest of my life if i apply them. He talked about how the questions we have in life fall into 3 categories. Why what and how. The why is the doctrine we have the what is the principles and the how is th application. It was great and he was so spiritual. I feel an overwhelming desire to come closer to Christ when I feel the spirit. Thats why it is so important to have the spirit as we teach for the people will and can feel the same. The past week went good. We are working a lot with the less actives in our ward as wekll as finding new investigators. Elder Peiper talked how we need to find the elect because that is who we are called to teach. I was so grateful to be there yesterday and learn from a general authority. I am so grateful for the leadership in the church. I am so grateful for Heavenly Father who sent His son our elder vrother to die for us so that we can return to him! I love this gospel. I was reading in alma today and i read a scriopture that had a huge impact on me. Its in alma46:15 it says and those who did belong to the church were faithful. yea they were true beleiversd in christ and they gladly took upon them the name of Christ because of their beleif in the coming of Christ. I LOVE this scripture. That is the attitude we need to have! We must take upon us the name of Christ gladly. We should all look forward to his coming with faith and be numbered among the TRUE beleivers. We should stand as examples at all times and be representatives of him at all times. I love you all so much. I know that Jesus Christ is the savior. I know he lives and he knows me personally. Heavenly Father has prepared a way to return to his presence through his only begotten son. I know Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. I love this gospel sop much. I am honestly so grateful for my mission. I have come to know these things through the spirit and will never forget them! I love you all.love Elder Bills

No comments:

Post a Comment