Sunday, February 27, 2011

January 24, 2011

Hey family! How is everyone doing?? Well I get to stay in Shafter another transfer. I am happy. I am learning a lot from training and also I love the ward and I know there is work fior me to still do here! This week I was really trying to focus all my thoughts on the Atonement and how it has blessed me in my life and how it can bless others. IWehad an incredible expereince with a lady we taught. We knocked into her and we sat out on her porch last saturday to teach her for the first time. (it was 68 degrees by the way ha) So as we were talking about her family she tld us about her son who had an accident at age 12 that made him handicapped and not able to live without constabnt help and attention. She was crying and we could just feel how this had been a huge trial for her ion her life. As she was talking to us I was racing in my head what scripture can help her, how can we give her comfort. I was thinking about so many scriptures and then honestly it was like i flipped right to Alma 11:42-44 in my mind. I saw the scriptures in my mind and knew that is what she needed. It is about the ressurection. So we explained the book of mormon to her and how we can learn about the blessings of Christs sacrifice from it and we asked her to read it. She read it and the spirit was powerful. She was crying and I began to testify of a hope of a glorious ressurection for her son. That he will be to his original form with a functioning brain and body that it is through the love and Atonement of Christ that this is made possible. I felt an incredible amount of love and concern for her. I knew that we were testifying of the truth, that through Christ all will be resurrected that her son who may have problems in this life one day will be able to be happy and have a wonderful ressurected body. The spirit was strong and was testifying of the truth we were tesching. I dont know what will happen with her, but i do know were the instruments in the lords hands to bless his daughter, to give her hope and to hopefully plant a seed of faith in her so she can nourish it and have a strong faith in the atonement and its blessings. I know The atonement is real. Chirst loves us. I know that he didi in fact die and suffer the pains of all! I love you all so much thanks for the support and prayers! Love Elder Bills

No comments:

Post a Comment