Sunday, February 27, 2011

February 7, 2011

Hey Family! How are you guys doing?? Thanks for all of the emails and support! I loved the pictures of everyone and it was so nice to see Jeff and Brihanna. I am so happy for them. Man what a blessing. I love Jeff so much and when I saw that picture I was filled with emotion and happiness! The gospel is remarkable. I cant beleive I have been out a year. We were at dinner last night and we were teaching a family (all 4 missionaries) and at the end of the lesson I looked at my companion and the other two missionaries and I realized how happy and blessed I am. I thought about how fast this time has gone and will go and I thought about the end and I had a sick feeling. I dont want this time to end. I love it so much. This week I had some spiritual expereinces. We were teaching this couple about the Book of Mormion and the importance that it brings, how it is the Keystone of our religion, and when they know it is true everything will fall into place. As we were teaching I was really focusing on acting on every prompting the spirit gave me. I was trying to and I honestly was feeling the spirit guide me. We were talking about baptism amnd they asked a question that most catholics do about infant baptism. I kind of sat and let the spirit direct me and I felt an impresion clearly to go to Moroni 8:8. So we did. It was direct they understood and they didnt have many more questions about it. At the end the guy told us that the book of mormon was the exact same as the bible and that there is nothinbg more that he could learn. I again waited and I mentioned the scripture we just read and asked him, before you read this did you know this was the way the lord wanted it? He said no and i said the book of mormon teaches us direct and clear the gospel of jesus christ. Baptism is a key part uin tjhe gospel and if you dont do it right it benefits nothing. I then testified of the Book of mormon. I realized from this experience that the spirit is direct and bold. Sometimes we feel hesitant because the impressions we recieve are so bold but we must act on them. That is why the Book of Mromon is so clear. It was written under the influence of the spirit. I know at one point the Bible was as well but as we know over time it was changed to the mens own desire. I love the Bible. I know it is word of God. But I know aswell that the Book of Mormon IS the most correct book in the world. I feel an assurance everytime i read it with humility willing to learn and apply its teachings. I felt that assurance this morning as i read Heleman5. I love this gospel! It is so amazing! This work is the work of the Lord! All is well in shafter. We are working hard and being led to people with desire. I know this is Christs church and that Thomas S Monson is His Prophet. My companion is good and i will probably get transfered in a couple weeks ive been here for 5 months now! I love you al so so much! Where is KC going to go? I think he should go to Duke! I love you! Love Elder Bills

No comments:

Post a Comment