Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Craig - July 13, 2010

Hey family how is it going?? I hope all is well. Things are going well in Santa Paula. Elder Soza is a good guy and i have enjoyed my time with him so far. We have taught over 20 lessons these past 2 weeks so it has been pretty good. We are striving to be 100% obedient and i know the lord will bless us as we diligently strive and are obedient. We have about 11 investigators and we are trying to prepare about 5 for a date. We have one investigator who is really searching for the truth. He is abouyt 50 and is a short mexican from cruz azul mexico. I think ha but he has read everything and really asks questions that are awesome. He read alma 32 and highlighted everything and had like footnotes and commentary and he had cross referenced to moroni 10! One of the most powerful chapters in the Book of Mormon. It is cool. We need to teach him the word of wisdom cuz he drinks ha. (all mexicans). Last tuesday my testimony really was strengthened on the quote by President Hinckley. "Forget yourself and go to work" . I was feeling homesick and just had nervous anxiety i guess but i just prayed for strength and tried to have a good attitude. Before i knew it the day was over. And we ended up teaching 9 lessons and found a new investigator. I was truly grateful for that experience. I have been trying to focus some of my study on Jesus Christ a lot. I read a scripture that really captured the individual love Jesus Christ has for everybody. John 11:35 Jesus Wept. Ha short but it was very powerful to me. This is when Jesus raised Lazerus from the dead. Jeus was truly grieved to see the Mary or marta? I cant remeber lazarous sisters name but he was truly saddened to see her in such pain. And in v. 33 It said his spirit was disturbed i think it says. But it just was another testimony builder for me. Jesus Loves us so individually and personally, and once we truly begin to recognize this, we will want so much to be like our Savior. I loved it. I have been feeling a different kind of love for Jeus Christ thje past few weeks. I cant really describe it but it is just a feeling of comfort, love, and peace. I love our savior so much.
We had zone conference yesterday in Camarillo and it is so bveautiful there. I saw Elder Erickson. He is in the Camarillo zone. I didnt realize yesterday but i had a strong feeling to give him a huge hug and honestly tell him how much i love him. I realize now that that was a prompting of the spirit. I dont know if that will help him and it propbably wont that much, but i hope he truly felt my love. I have really enjoyed the past few weeks. There are definantly still hard times when i feel homesick ha but i love the lord and his work. I love you all so much!! Thanks for all you do !!!!!!! Love Elder Bills

No comments:

Post a Comment