Wednesday, July 28, 2010

July 26, 2010 - Kevan

Wow Family! What a crazy week!
I will start it off with the craziest thing that happened. I have a new companion now. I was in mendoza on monday and got back at 1 in the morning on friday. Friday night president called and told us of the change. So we went back in on saturday morning and i got back here in alvear suunday at 2:30. right before church. Crazy. My new companion is Elder Fowler. He has about 11 months in the mission and i will train him to be a zone leader. He is awesome though. He doesnt need much training. He is from Conifer, Colorado. It is close to Evergreen but i am sure you know where it is.
I got to work in Palmira this week and that was awe4some. I got to visit some old investigators and put a few baptism dates with them. I visited the family gonzalez too. They are not going to church but hopefully the visit excites them. But... Gisela, my first convert, married an ex missionary and lives in La Pampa. She is going to church, is president of the young womens and is getting sealed to this guy in the temple in January!!!! YEAH!!!! I am so happy about that!
The training that we recieved is amazing! I love it so much! There are 8 focus that we focus on and this b rings the spirit to the lesson so much. Basically for me, it is trusting in God m ore and relying on the Holy Ghost more in the lessons. I have felt so much power and am so happy to use it now. I wish i would´ve had it at the start of my mision.
We basically focus on inspired questions. We help the people recieve revelation through prayer, the Book of Mormon, and going to church. Focusing on the people and having them commit themselves. I love it.
Our zone is doing good. There are some areas that are struggling big time but this week will be great for us to help them and have areas more positive. We will probably end this month with 7 baptisms which is one short of our goal! AHH! But august looks like it will be a great month! I am excited to see the success we have!
Church was great yesterday! We had 5 investigators and we had about 3 inactive families come! I was so happy and it was truly a blessing from Heavenly Father. He knows what we need and is truly blessing these people. I worked in my area one day this whole week. Sunday came and we just trusted God and He blessed us. THis truly is His work and I need to do the things His way to have success.
Tell all of these elders who are leaving congrats. That is awesome about all of them.
Family, I love you all so much! this is the truth and i am so happpy to be serving here. Thanks so much for your prayers and love. These people truly need it and i am so happy they can feel God´s love when they obey!
I love you all tons!
Love, Elder Kevan Bills
P.S. Great California pictures. Kimmy, What happened to you? You are like a little model! Watch out for the boys. i´ll be there in a flash with my argentina amigos if i hear about anything wierd!!!
Love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment