Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Kevan - July 12, 2010

Hey Mom Dad and Family!
Wow, that is so great that you all could go to the ARG festival! That is so great. I loved the pictures with the traditional Gaucho outfits. And of course the argentina soccer jerseys. I see those two outfits about 1,000 times a day. Here is Cuyo, they dont dance the Tango. That is in Buenos Aires. So I havent seen one of those dances. Here, the biggest thing that is tradicional is the Mate, and the folklore music. Look up Los Trovadores de Cuyo. They are the most popular along with El Chaqueno. And yeah, the Cumbia music. wow, i hear it 24 hours a day. Some is good.
Well, this week went really well for me and Elder LeBron. WE had a perfect week with being obedient to the hours. Today in the interviews with President I told him and he said that we are the first to ever achieve that! So that is really great! The zone is doing pretty well. The numbers in the zone are very low. The baptisms are going up. We are at 5 baptisms this month. I know that we will reach the goal of 8 baptisms for the month of July. President told me that i will be staying here in Alvear one more transfer. So i´ll be here until september. I really want to win the mission cup for the most baptisms. that will be awesome for the zone Alvear.
We are having great success with the people in our area. One family is really progressing. They are the family Romero. They are 6 in the family and will be getting baptized. All of them!!! The only thing is that the parents have to get married. So we will be praying and fasting so that the parents will have desires and get married in august. that will be so great!
We are also working with this young couple named Victor and Daniela. Daniela is member but victor needs to get baptized. they are both 19 years old. They need to get married so we will work on that for the month of August. It looks like we will have 1 or 2 baptisms this month in our area and about 7 next month! That will be really fun!
Remember that street domination? Well we have dominated every street in our area. Now we are thinking of some new plan to do. God will bless us so we can find the people that He has prepared to be baptized.
There is an Elder here named Elder Kyle Evans. He was in my seminary class and a good friend of Craig. Wierd how he got called here to.
This week we did a fire side in our church on Saturday. So it was great. While we were doing the fireside an inactive member came with his wife. He introduced himself to us and told us he wanted and his wife wanted to get baptized. We tld them of course they can get baptized and we are now preparing the wife ester for baptism.
I felt a lot of blessing this week from being obedient. Just being 100% obedient helped me really feel more patience and love for everyone. At the end of the week, so many things happened and i could of easily gotten frustrated of impatient. But i know that the Lord blessed me with patience to just be calm and not let the things bug me. I was focusing on the attribute of pàtience this week and truly Heavenly Father blessed me so much with this attribute.
Sunday was a good day as well. I taught the gospel principle class. I felt way good. I taught about the Dia de Reposo. the sabboth day. It was great and I felt the Spirit really strong. and I was bearing my testimony at the end about the blessing and just felt so good. I know that as we keep this day sacred, Heavenly Father truly will bless us in all ways.
I am in San Rafael right now. I will be going back to Alvear tonight with Elder Brown so that he can do divisions with me. He is having some struggles finding news, as is the whole zone, so we will see what we can do. The zone elders are really good. They arent really disobedient in bad ways. Mostly they just want to do there own thing. If we need them to do something or correct of say something that they dont like they seem to not even listen or do their own things. this is only aobut 2 areas. So the agency they use can be either for the good or bad. The Plan of Salvation is so great that we can progress so much while we follow it. I love how God lets us to be on our own to truly learn and learn how to rely on Him! It is true!
Siento muy feliz que puedo estar aca. La mision son los mejores dos anos en verdad. No hay otro tiempo que una persona tiene para enfocarse cien porciento en nuestro Salvador Jesucristo. Hable con Presidente Lindahl de esto y el me dijo que aun como un presidente de la mision, no es lo mismo. estos dos anos cambian la vida de cualquier persona que realmente pone su fe en Jesucristo y se esfuerza para hacer la voluntad de El!
I love you so much family! Thank you so much for everything! I miss you all tons. I love the mission and thanks so much for helping me prepare to be here.
I took money out today because i bought a new spanish bible, it is a an edition of the church. Sorry, but i love it! nexdt monday i will be heading down to Mendoza again. We have a four day conferance so i will be there until thursday. It is a new thing that the church wants to do with the leaders of the missions. I am excited. It will be great!
Thanks again family! I love you all so much! The church is true!
Love, Elder Kevan Bills

No comments:

Post a Comment