Tuesday, November 2, 2010

November 1, 2010 - Kevan

Hola familia!
Happy birthday Dad!!!! How was everything? I was thinking about you yesterday and was hoping that you were having a great day. We were working way hard this week. So to tell you the truth i sort of forgot about halloween. Sorry! Ha, but Elder Hurst, in our apartment did buy a little pumpkin and carve it. Ha, They do not have halloween here. They dont have a lot of those holidays. But usually when the do have a holiday the people work on their homes or just have an asado and drink.
The ex pres. of Argentina dided the other day and the people are so sad. It is crazy. I will but a newspaper because it was a pretty big even this week.
How was church yesterday? It sounds like the stake conferance dad went to was great! That is so important about the inactive members. I have been thinking so much about how to help people with that my whole mission. I eventually came to the same point, teach them about the atonement of Christ and also teach them about the Restoration. The chruch here is growing and many people are just new to the church. once there ¨missionaries¨ get transfered they find them selves a little solo and some fall away. It is so hard to bring some back. But yesterday we had a boy named Gonzalo and also an ex missionary named Hugo come bakc to church after being gone for a while! I loved it. Hugo looked so happy and he is getting the spirit of his mission in him again. In just over 2 weeks his appearance has changed completly and he just looks way happy. They both brought a friend to church named Rodrigo and he is a great kid. I know that he´ll get baptized.
Yesterday was great. We went to 9 de Julio and to where we have the church (In La Villa). we were in front of the house where we have the meeting and it was us and hermano Sanchez. no one came!!! It was a little downer. but then we saw hugo and gonzalo and their friend walking up! Yes. So we started. Then after the sacrament him I was just about to kneel down to bless the sacrament when i heard a gate opening. I looked up and saw Marta and her children (Soledad 18, Oscar 9, and Vanina 7) walking in! I was so happy! They had walked a ways and got to church. So it was great!
Marta is amazing. We found her about 2 weeks ago and she was so sad. Now she looks so much happier and she has told us that he kids have changed completly as well. Truly the Gospel of Christ brings peace and joy to our souls. Those who are ready and willing to accept will find amazing blessings and be changed forever. Christ lives and truly did do the Atonement for us. I am seeing this in the life of Marta right now. Amazing.
We taught a lady named Lorena Villega the other day. She was mostly interested at first because of our accent and stuff like that. We eventually, like always, ended up talking about religion. Why do you think that people always end up talking about religion? So we taught her and it was amazing. Also we taught her family. She knelt down to say the prayer at the end and the Spirit was so strong. She was crying and stood up after and said, Gracias Hermanos. It was amazing how people humble themselves and then God wraps His loving arms around them. I know the feelings that she felt and it is true! I love this gospel.
So many great things are happening right now. The mission is doing so great. I am doing great too. We are in our area all day. I think I am losing a little bit of weight but it is alright. no problem.
I saw David Villalba the other day. It was so great to see him. I will visit him and Dolinda and Americo soon. I hear that they are doing great.
Also, You probably dont remember but i wrote a year ago about Margot, how her nephew called us in the middle of the street and we went over and taught her. She then got baptized. Well i am in her ward now and she is doing great. She stopped smoking and she and put on weight. It is amazing. Repentance is such a special thing.
About the apartment, that sounds great. It should be really fun. I would love to come home for the summer. I think i can train better too for the fall. Just do whatever is best.
I am thinking of a few things that some of you might want. But I would love if you gave me some limit of money. I hate spending and really dont want to spend a bunch. But if you want anything beside those shoes,, like jerseys, Mate, Poncho, gaucho stuff, etc., just let me know.
I love you tons family and am so grateful for all of you! Have a great week and we´ll be talking soon! This is the true church!
Love, Elder Kevan Bills

No comments:

Post a Comment