Monday, September 13, 2010

September 13, 2010 - Kevan

Hola querido familia,

how is everybody doing? Everything here on this side of the world is going great! I am feeling great too. Today is such a beautiful day. Right now the other elders are playing soccer and so when im done well go do that and eat an asado. We had a meeting with president and a planning meeting this morning and the rest of the day is pday. I am way happy here and am really excited for my new assignment. I am with Elder Smith and he is from Raymond, Alberta Canada. K.C., do you know that place? He says that there are tons of members there. We are traveling assistants. So every week we will be traveling to a different zone to train and work with the elders. I hear it is really hard and i am so excited for that. This week are going to Chimbas in San Juan. Tommorow we head out. So i will be working with Elder Gomez who is the conmpanion of Elder Frischnect. That will be great to spend a week with Elder Frischnect. I am way happy and this will be a great expirence for me these next few months. I feel way humbled to have this calling and am excited for the challenges and things which the Lord will give me. I keep hearing that He is preparing me for the future and I believe that. Thanks so much for your support and prayers.

this ended up pretty good in Alvear (Pacifico). I think that it was one of my favorite areas. I loved saying bye to the members there. You never really know how much of an impact you have on someone until it is time to leave or when they are not there anymore. One man, Juan Romero, has always been a tough type of guy. but as i said by to him he was just crying. I hope one day he can follow the example of his children and especially of Jesus Christ and get baptized.

I spoke with Elder LeBron yesterday. It was so great. I am so incredibly happy that he was able to visit with you. I love him tons. That is great. He said he loved being with you all and really enjoyed his time. So thanks for everything Family. I know that that really helps him alot.

I was studying this morning in Mosiah 29. I really love the Book of Mormon and I know that it is true. I thought that it was really interesting that God truly will bless us and make us free if we really become humble before Him and put all of our trust in Him. When people are not humble and do not have faith in Him they get farther away from Him. Not only I think will they be alone but they will be on satans side. As we all know that he does not want the best for us. But as long as we put our trust in Christ and become humble before God we will be made truly free and be blessed greatly by our Heavenly Father. I love this perfect plan of God. The Atonement is real and Christ is truly the way that we will be able to live together for ever in the Presence of God!

Please tell connor and Keaton and uncle steve and karen congrats! That makes me so happy!

Family, Hold tight onto the rod of iron. The path is made. Christ is the way. Keep the Spirit with you all this week.

I love you all so much!

Love,

Elder Kevan Bills

p.s., that stinks about BYU. It sounds like they are lacking a Bills on the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment