Tuesday, September 28, 2010

September 27, 2010 - Kevan

Hello Family!
How is everything going back at home? It sounds like everyone is doing great (Except the football team. But it is alright for now). I loved the pictures! They are awesome! Kimmy looks so different it is crazy!
This week went great! So to let you know about my assignment a little more... I am a traveling assistant. There are actually 6 assistants in the mission. 2 who are in the offices and 4 of us who hit the streets and work. Basically we go to the areas and the zones that are stuggling a bit and animate them, bring them the Spirit and help them break the mental barriers that are in the way of them having success in there areas and in there missions. It is an amazing calling. this week we were in the zone San Martin. The same zone i started my mission in. We worked in San Martin 1 and i worked with Elder Porras from Peru. we had an amazing day together. We put about 5 fechas and found 13new investigators. Then The next day i went to Rivadavia with Elder Williams who went to Alta High school. I loved it because we put a few fechas and we found 8 new investigators in oneday. He was so excited and said he was never going to be able to do that. Then the next day, he and his companion found 5 new investigators! He came back to the pension and was so excited. I hope he can remember that with faith in the Lord and confidence that you can do all htings with him, any thing can be done. Then on friday through sunday i worked with Elder McClain from New Jersey. He has 2 weeks in the mission and is more home sick than anyone i have ever seen. He knows it and recognizes it. with him we did have success but it was a lot harder. We worked so hard. I was proud of him though and suprised that he kept up with the heat and for not having much time in the mission. So I hope he does better soon.
right now I am with Elder Frischnecht.He is here for the zone leader conferance. He says hi to everyone!
I am feeling really good though. Really tired, but really happy, full of the Spirit and really close to God. I am so grateful that I have the chance to serve God. We are so little who are holding to the iron rod. but as we just share and invite those who do not know to come unto Christ many will find what they are searching for. I am so happy to be serving Christ right now and truly do not want how i feel now to ever end. There are so many miracles suceding right now and truly the gospel of Jesus Christ is being spread through all of the world. I love it!
Family, Thanks so much for everything this week. for the prayers and support and everything. You are the greatest parents that I could ever have. i feel lilke i can say like the strippling warriors, that i never doubted, my parents always new it.
I love you all so much!
Love,Elder Kevan Bills

No comments:

Post a Comment