Monday, September 6, 2010

September 6, 2010 - Kevan

Hey fam!
I hope that everything is going great! It is so excited the football season I love it. Elder Fowler and I left a lesson the other day and were walking in the street and we were just like, ah no today is college football live! But everything is going great here. That is so great about andrew cusick. I cant even believe it. So that is fun though. that makes me want to play so bad. So you are looking for apartments? Where are they and are they good?
We had a baptism on saturday of a kid named gabriel Romero. He is 9 and all of his family is member. His sister is even going to Chile for her mission in november. I dont know why he never got baptized but he just turned nine and so we took over and he is now a member. I dont know why but he loves me. We asked him who he wanted to baptize him and he said me and is always just staring at me. He is a funny kid. So that was a big blessing. Baptisms always are for us and for the people. This week we are going to try and baptize the girl named Yanira who never got baptized. I tried putting a date with her yesterday but she still wanted to think about it. It'll either be this week or the next. We have transfers next week. I am sure that i will be going. I have just been a zone leader for way too long, 9 months. I love it and could end my mission doing it but I am sure i'll get leave this area.
I found probably one of my favorite stories and examples in the Book of Mormon this week. It is in 1 Nephi 16:9/31. It is when Nephi breaks his bow. To me it is a huge lesson of how our attitudes affect us and also of how we react in the situations we are in. Nephi was in the same situation as his family. Tired hungry, afflicted. I know that is was hard for all of them. But instead of murmuring, complaining and not doing anything, he went to work. He had to have been positive and had the Spirit. So he built the bow. Something that for sure anyone in his family could have done. but he listened to the Spirit and had a good attitude that he could make a difference. So he did. And he was an amazing blessing for his family as he trusted in the Lord and was guided to obtain food for his family. I love this story. This life is hard. but really our Heavenly Father has given us the easiest plan and has provided the perfect way to do it. He is so loving to have sent Jesus Christ to eart. He truly prepared the way. We have such an amazing family. All we have to do now is keep the commandments and our covenants. We can do it and Heavenly Father will bless us. LEts just be like Nephi and have all of the faith that He really will be with us, protect us, and fulfill His promises with us.
Este evangelio es verdadero. Se que Cristo vive. Estoy tan agradecido por la expiacion. Aun que no entiendo todavia lo que Cristo hizo por nosotros, yo se que es la manera para vivir con Dios un dia. Jesucristo es nuestro Salvador. El es el Hijo do Dios.
Family, I love you all so much! Thank you so much for everything. Make sure to tell everyone hi and that i love them! Have a great week!
Love, Elder Kevan Bills
P,S. thanks for the red shirt and the BYU pants. THey are awesome. Also, I am pretty sure i have grown a little bit. My pants seem shorter and I tried measuring myself and it says i am just below 6 foot 4. So thats good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment