Friday, September 24, 2010

September 20, 2010 - Craig

Hey everybody! How is everybody doing?? Well we had a baptism saturday and it was really great. I was able to perform the ordinance and itr was a great opportunity. I will send my chip tommorow with pics. Yesterday when we confirmed him it was awesome and the spirit truly was present. He got up and had tears in his eyes. Great experience. This guy in my branch told me i prayed wrong and so i had to correct him. I took him to the side and talked to him and shared with him john 17 where jesus prayed and the whole time i was thinking of d&c 121. I was nervous ha. But it was ok. I dont think he thought he was wrong still ha. He said i cant use padre more than once in the prayer. Oh well (same guy who said we can bless ourselves) ha. Anyway. I feel like experiences like that will prepare me for lifelong service in the church. So like i told mom and dad i am getting transfered to a city called Wasco, CA. It is the farthest you can go in the mission. So it will be a long drive. I am nervous so please pray for me. I need to excersize my faith right now. I will be working with both the English people and the Spanish people. I will miss Elder Soza. I learned a lot from him and really enjoyed my time with him. I finished the Book of Mormom this morning. It took three months. I know without a doubt it is word of God. I prayed to know it was true and while i was reading the last 4 chapters today i juist know without a doubt it is true. I love the direction it gives me. The guidance it gives me and the love i feel when i read it. I am so grateful for all of you and your example to me. I see all you have done for me and it makes me so happy. I see Kevan and the success he is having on his mission and the man he has become and i cant help but to feel so grateful for him and all my brothers. And my parents. Its truly awesome. I feel like the more i study and try to become like the savior the harder it gets. But honestly i love searching and havning to rely on heavenly father for strength. I am nervous for the change in my mission right now but it is for a reason. Keep me in your prayers. We had some good expereinces in Santa Paula. I know i have grown a ton here! I love this place and i will miss it. But another place and more challenges. Thank you all for everything! This gospel is true. We have the priesthood of god and we have the fulness of the gospel of jesus christ on the earth with us, leading and guiding us. I love you all so much. Love Elder Bills

No comments:

Post a Comment