Friday, September 24, 2010

September 20, 2010 - Kevan

Hola mi querido familia!
how is everybody doing! It is so great to hear from all of you! Thanks so much for the letters and prayers this week. It was truly a fantastic and very fun week!
I am always traveling. My companion is Elder Smith and we take buses to travel everywhere. i always think of Amy from K.C.s mission when i get on. I always told my self i would never travel around like that. now, that is all i do. We have 2 blow up matresses that we use to sleep on the floor and we live out of our suitcase. We are only here in Mendoza (or Godoy Cruz because that is where the offices are) on sunday night and all monday. I live about 5 blocks from the mission offices in Godoy Cruz on a street called Pizzurno. basically I dont have a home for the next few months! ha, it is great though. So me and my canadian comp are just living on the road. It is fun and interesting at the same time. This week i worked in Chimbas. We stayed with Elder Frischnect and his comp. For a few days but i worked with Elder Gomez, his comp. but igual we had a lot of time together and it was really fun. I worked with Elders huntington (Orangeville, UT) Gomez (Corrientes, ARG), Elder Cambell (Utah) And elder Rojas (Concepcion, Chile) and one night i worked with my real comp elder smith. So for this week these were my companions. I learned so much. I am so grateful for the gifts that God has given to all of us and i feel so grateful to learn more.
We are going great right now. The mission is amazing. We are preparing for many things in the month of October. In 3 weeks Elder Aidukaitis from the area presidency will come and we are also planning to reach a mission record of getting more than 125 baptisms in one month. The last month we we 3rd best in south america. (After Buenos aires north and Paraguay).
i am loving the mission so much. I feel like it is such a sacred thing and i do not want it to end. I think it is preparing me for so much. I am truly feeling that there is nothing more important than the gospel. Everything revolves around it. God is in all things and gives us strength in all things, work, school, sports, relationships, ETC......
i studied today and found a great sripture in the last two versus of Alma 3. All depends on our obedience. please read it. Also i studied in Juan 15 and found some great things about keeping the commandments, Love, and about the Atonement of Jesus Christ.
I know that God lives and that this is His work. Jesus Christ lives.
I cant believe that you are a teacher at timpview mom! how great! how are the kids? Thanks so much for the picture or Coach Wong and Van Orden. They are so great and such great influences in my life that have changed me. The BYU shirt and the schedule really pumped me up. Thanks!
Family I love you all! thanks so much for everything. I am so grateful for all of you and love you so much! Hold to the Iron Rod!
Love, Elder Kevan Bills

No comments:

Post a Comment