Friday, July 15, 2011

February 28, 2011

hey family. Thanks again for all of your emails and Love! I hope you all are doing great in snowy Utah. Its sunny here but kind of chilly. This past week it got really cold!! Well this past week was a great week. We saw a lot of blessings and we had a lot of spiritual experiences. We were focusing on really talking to everybody we saw this week. EVERYONE! It really helped a lot. We are focusing on finding the elect and helping them to know and gain a testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We found 8 new investigators this week. As we were talking about the week last night and reviewing our goals for the coming week I realized that the Lord had blessed us for our diligence. We talked to everyone and went out of our way to talk to people and help them, and we felt the blessings from it. I am so grateful to the lord and all taht he does for us in this work.
This week we had a cool experience when we were knocking. But it started the night before while we were planning. I planned to knock at a specific time of the day and when i planned it in, a specific street came to my head to knock. So i wrote it down and we wwenty there the next day. I didnt tell my companion about it but I had been thinking about it throughout the day. So when the time came we started knocking and I turned to my companion adn asked him if he beleived that we were going to find someone. He shrugeed his shoulders and said maybe haha. Then he asked me and I said I know we will find someone and he just laughed and we went to the next house. So the next house a mom opened and she had a bunch of kids running around and we told her who we were and what we were doing. She let us right in and we taught the whole family of 6. The dad opened up to us and told about his gma that was dying and we talked to him abiout the plan of hope, happiness, and salvation. It was such an incredible experienc efor me. To know that when we act on the impressions we recieve however small they may be, the lord will bless us. faith is powerful. We must have faith in the spirit and the promptings we recieve. I am so grateful for the Spirit in this work. Without him, we would do nothing and we would be walking into houses without any hope.
We also found a kid named felix. He is 22 and We knocked uinto his house and his mom let us rtight in, but then went staright to his room to get him. He came out and she left but he stayed there. We began to talk to him about the Lord and he told us he wasnt religous and wasnt really into that "stuff". I had a striong impression to ask him what his purpose was in this life. So I did. He gave an anwser like work sleep eat. Then we began to testuify and tell him there was a purpose and the book of mormon could teach him that purpose. So we gave him a BOM and came back 2 days later. He was really excited and I could see a difference in him. He said he had read and explained to us what he had read. I asked him why he read and why he wants to meet wioth us. He said to us, Welll when you asked me what my purpose was here, I have really been thinkin asbout that and I think that there is more to this life than just work and I think This book can help me find that purpose. The spirit was strong and I was so grateful that I acte don the impression to askl him that in the 1st lesson.
The spirit in active in our lives when we invite him and when we are willing to qact on the impressions and promptings we recieve! I know this is the work of the lord and we are apart of His work and glory to bring to pass the eternal life of man! I love you all sosososo much! Thanks for all you do Love Elder Bills

No comments:

Post a Comment