Friday, July 15, 2011

May 2, 2011

Hey family! Hows everything going? Thank you all for the emails! I appreciate your support a lot. Things are going great here. I love my new area. The ward is awesome. Its a spanish ward and the Bishop is such a great man. We had a wonderful testimony meeting yesterday. I really enjoyed how our members kept referring back to their testimonies of Joseph Smith and the importantance he is in our lives. I know that our testimonies of Joseph Smith are vital in our continuing conversion in our lives. He is a prophet of God and in fact was prepared for the amazing work he did! We had 3 investigators at church yesterday. We had these 2 old ladies named Adela and Rosa there. They havent been to church in 50 years!! It was a MIRACLE to see them there. We were so excited. Right when we walked in with them the best thing that couoldve possibly happened did. Their fellowship came right up to them gave them a big hug and took them to sit with her family! It was awesome! Missionary work is not 100% affective withou tmember help. We didnt do much. The members were so great! I am so grateful for the testimonies of the memebrs of this Church. I am so happy to be apart of it. During the week while we were teaching them we had a cool experience. We had taught them about the Book of Mormon and as they were looking at the picture of Christ when he appeared in the Americas they were like little children. They were smiling so big like touching the picture and describing what they felt about it. It was definantly a spiritual experience for me. Jesus Christ is the savior of the world and loves us so much! I saw and recognized that everybody has a testimony of Jesus Christ on this earth. It is just up to them to rediscover it. After the lesson Rosa told us somthing way cool.. She said that everytime she sees elder Skovran speak and bare his testimony since the time she met him she has seen a light around him. She said she feels something different that she has never felt. Then the member that was with us told us that she had a similar experinece with a missionary as she was being taught. We dont know what it was but we know that the spirit is with us always as we love these people and do all we can to help them. I love being on a mission.
Eldwer Skovran and I have a lot of goals that are helping us become more Christlike. We are really trying to love everyone and aviod judging people at all costs. I know that goals are essential in becoming more like Christ! I love this gospel so much. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that Christ lives and loves us. This is His true chruch.
I will plan on calling you guys between 3-6. Sorry ha we arent even sure where we are going to call! We have around 40 minutes to call. I cant wait to here from you guys!! I love you all so much Love Elder Bills

No comments:

Post a Comment