Friday, July 15, 2011

June 20, 2011

Hey Family! Thanks for all of the emails. You guys are the best. This past week was great. We put another woman with a baptismal date. HEr name is Lourdes and man! She has made soo much progress. It has been incredible. When we first taught her, the 2nd lesson she broke down and said she didnt know if God existed. She said she felt lonely and she was having troubles qwith her son. We invited her to read Alma 22 and pray and ask God if he was there. After we left that day she called us on the phone and was crying and said that things with her son were way bad and she was just asking for help. I had no clue what to say just because I had never raised any kids ha but I told her Heavenly Father knows exactly what she needed. I invited her to pray right when she got off the phone with me and then read that chapter. So she said she would and honestly from then on she has progressed so quickly! She read Alma 22 twice that night and she said literally from that chapter she recieved comfort and a confirmation that God is real and aware of her needs. She has come to church twice and has a baptismal date for July 9th. Honestly the converting power of the gospel is so powerful. When we set her with a goal to be baptized, she was baring her testimony to us about how many changes she has seen since we started teaching her. She has come so much closer to the Lord in these past weeks. I know the Gospel is true. I know that Jesus Christ knows us perfectly and personally. I love the gospel.
I was studying from a quote President Hunter gave that said when we experience the blessings of the Atonement in our lives we cannot help but have a concern for the welfare of others souls. I was really thinking about that and I started reading in Enos and it is so true! Enos recieved a remission for his sins, experienced the blessings through the atonement, and immediatly after he had a desire for the welfare of his brethren. Our understanding of the atonement is the Key to feeling true love and charity for others. Charity is the key to inviting others to come unto Christ and inviting others to come unto Christ is what part of our respnsiblitiy and will lead us to exaltation.When I have felt an increased amount of love for others it has been because I have understood that Christ individually suffered and died for these people. I am so grateful for the Atonement. The blessings are inumerable. I love Jesus Christ.
Thanks for all that you guys do for me. It is so hot here! On Tuesday it was almost 100! I love the heat though so its all good. I love you guys a ton! Hope all is well. Congrats Kimmy girl on doing the Trek! You are awesome!!!! I love you all so much!!! Love Elder Bills p.s i got the pictures and camera chip mom. Thanks a ton

No comments:

Post a Comment